It's Almost Time
I can't believe that I'm going to be back in the states in less than three weeks. This also means that the semester is almost over, and I am halfway through my first year, which is really hard to imagine. The past week has been challenging and interesting in a number of ways, though. On Friday we went to go get our cedulas, which are our residency cards, only to discover that we can't get them yet because they don't have the laminating materials. We walked around Managua for an hour and a half, just to walk around, and eneded up at the mall to meet up with some friends, where my wallet was pcomptly stolen out of my purse right under all of our noses. Talk about frustrating. I was really upset about it initially, but then God just really gave me a lot of peace, and the whole experience is kind of serving to help put some things into perspective for me and really remember what's important, that He is in charge, has told us not to worry, and that He was a purpose for us here. So that part has been good to come out of it.
There is some really good news, too, outside of the fact that I'm coming home soon! Number one, Jason finishes his MBA on Friday, YEAH!!! I'm so excited for him, but he's been working really hard lately. Also, we finally have purchased a CAR!!! And you're not going ot believe this - we now own a 1992 red Toyota Landcruiser. Our mechanic guy who's been helping us out thought that is was going to be the absolute best option for us, and Landcruisers #1 run forever, and #2 reatain their value at an unbelieveable rate. We see people in the paper selling Landcruisers from the 80s for quite a lot of money, so if we need it forever, it should treat us well, and if we need to sell it, it shouldn't be a problem. I'll attach pictures. It has a frint seat and then a pretty large space in the back with two fold down benches, so we can sit six regular sized people in there without problems. (Earl, we'll let you ride in the front when you come next summer so that you have some more leg room. Unless you want to drive... ;)
Okay, time for me to get back to making my exams.
There is some really good news, too, outside of the fact that I'm coming home soon! Number one, Jason finishes his MBA on Friday, YEAH!!! I'm so excited for him, but he's been working really hard lately. Also, we finally have purchased a CAR!!! And you're not going ot believe this - we now own a 1992 red Toyota Landcruiser. Our mechanic guy who's been helping us out thought that is was going to be the absolute best option for us, and Landcruisers #1 run forever, and #2 reatain their value at an unbelieveable rate. We see people in the paper selling Landcruisers from the 80s for quite a lot of money, so if we need it forever, it should treat us well, and if we need to sell it, it shouldn't be a problem. I'll attach pictures. It has a frint seat and then a pretty large space in the back with two fold down benches, so we can sit six regular sized people in there without problems. (Earl, we'll let you ride in the front when you come next summer so that you have some more leg room. Unless you want to drive... ;)
Okay, time for me to get back to making my exams.

2 Comments:
Dearest Jess,
I keep forgetting to check your blog for information - I finally added it to my favorites list. We're getting ready for Christmas, am praying we'll be able to work out a way to see you while you're stateside. We love you so much. Merry Christmas, Aunt Sheila
You look so wonderful. I miss you and I wish I could talk to you about life these days. Crystal Flemming had a White Christmas party again this year and though I didn't go of course all I could think of was you... and that time in our lives. I would like to know an address, though, to where I can send you a "save the date" magnet. I love you! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home