Sunday, November 06, 2005

Here Comes the Sun

Wow. It's hard to believe that we'll actually be home a little more than a month from now. This first period of time has gone by really quickly. We're well into the second nine weeks at school, I've been looking pretty seriously at plays for next semester since I'm going to be sponsoring/directing the play, and Jason has four weeks left of grad school before he's done. How amazing is that?

It's just weird to think how quickly this portion of our life has gone by so far. Something that will be making things significantly easier, though, is that it looks like we're going to be purchasing a car this week. We're really excited; we had no intention of getting a car when we came down here, but Jason will have no way to get to and from work five days a week starting in January, and a motorcycle was looking pretty impractical. So we're going to be getting a car! It will also make it a little easier to just be able to spend time one-on-one with each other. I'll be very glad when Jason is done with school, though.

And Thanksgiving is coming up! I think that we might just have a potluck kind of thing with some people who are around. (Some people end up going to various other missionary's houses, which we might end up doing as well.) Until Christmas break, though, is this odd mixture of days off and weird things going on at school and exams, so everything is a bit different right now. On Friday night, the NCA had a talent show, and the teachers got up at the end and performed to a song called "These are not my pants," and I cam running out in a big heavy-metal rocker wig, tearing around the stage and sticking my tongue out and wagging it at the audience. It was kind of fun, and my kids cracked up about it. We have a video clip of it, so one of these days I'll try to figure out how to attach it so that you can see all the craziness of my life. However, what's going to be funny is that I am in charge of chapel tomorrow morning at school, and I'm doing a very serious chapel, so I can imagine that it will be an interesting contrast.

Anyway, that's kind of what's going on right now. We love and miss you, and we'll be seeing you soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger easy said...

hello little sunshine person...i see you are still a ray of it in central america! am enjoying reading your blog. keep it up!
easy

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too far away! I'll be so glad when you are home for the holidays.

Dad

9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home