Catching Up on Your Zs
Okay, so it’s been a few days, I know. The last week has been wonderful with Jason here, but intense with school stuff. There’s always so much to get used to with starting a new job anyway, but doing it in another country with a subject that you don’t know is quite the challenge! I’m so glad to have Jason finally home. And we actually have a home now. We have bedside tables and a desk, so we’re pretty much set up for the things that we need. Now we just have to figure out what we’re going to get that aren’t “quite” necessities. Like a microwave. I can’t believe that I don’t own a microwave, but we’ve been doing okay without it.
On Friday night we went out to dinner with one of Jason’s friends from his Peace Corps days and his wife. I mostly listened because I don’t speak a lot of Spanish, and I realized how exhausting it can be to try and use your brain that way all the time. On Saturday we ran errands almost all day, and in the late afternoon went to the beach. On the way back it was dusk, turning very dark, and we drove by a man just lying in the middle of the road. If he had been on our side, we very well might have hit him. We didn’t know quite what was going on, but we stopped and Jason and Mayker got out of the car while Kristen and I waited to see what happened. Fortunately, he had not been hit by a car. Unfortunately, he was completely drunk out of his mind and tried to spit on Jason. They got him to the side of the road where he commenced to collapse and was out cold, but he could have been totally killed. It’s weird to see where people decide to deposit their bodies. You know those big concrete tube things that people can crawl inside of? Before church on Sunday, there was a guy sleeping on one of those, in the park, just sleeping. It’s all very interesting.
On Friday night we went out to dinner with one of Jason’s friends from his Peace Corps days and his wife. I mostly listened because I don’t speak a lot of Spanish, and I realized how exhausting it can be to try and use your brain that way all the time. On Saturday we ran errands almost all day, and in the late afternoon went to the beach. On the way back it was dusk, turning very dark, and we drove by a man just lying in the middle of the road. If he had been on our side, we very well might have hit him. We didn’t know quite what was going on, but we stopped and Jason and Mayker got out of the car while Kristen and I waited to see what happened. Fortunately, he had not been hit by a car. Unfortunately, he was completely drunk out of his mind and tried to spit on Jason. They got him to the side of the road where he commenced to collapse and was out cold, but he could have been totally killed. It’s weird to see where people decide to deposit their bodies. You know those big concrete tube things that people can crawl inside of? Before church on Sunday, there was a guy sleeping on one of those, in the park, just sleeping. It’s all very interesting.

2 Comments:
Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. If you've time, please check my site Wedding Photography Northampton It's just for local Wedding Photography Northampton
Good to see all of the ads are starting to show up in your comments! Can't anywhere on the web be free from spam????
Just to clear the record up a bit. The drunk guy wasn't trying to spit on me (I don't think). He just happened to b e so drunk that I was just spitting in general with no regard to the fact that I was standing there trying to save his life. Ah, its good to be back in Nicaragua!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home